Updated: Oct 27, 2020
On the 26-th of August, the Government of Ukraine has approved new quarantine measures for Ukraine, regarding closing borders for foreign citizens till the 28-th of September. Later the cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has published the details, explaining the exceptions for the new measures. Note that the 1-st and the 15-th points of the list state that people coming to Ukraine for surrogacy treatment are included in the exceptions and can enter Ukraine during the extra measures for September, but they have to have an insurance policy to cover possible costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and observation, issued by an insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine.
Which foreign citizens can enter Ukraine during the action of the new measures:
1) First Degree relatives of Ukrainian citizens.
2) Persons who have official work permit in Ukraine.
3) Persons traveling through the territory of Ukraine in transit with documents confirming departure abroad within two days. 4) Persons who study in Educational Institutions of Ukraine or serve in the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
5) Persons permanently or temporarily residing on the territory of Ukraine; have a permanent or temporary residence permit. 6) Refugees or persons who additional protection. 7) Heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of international organizations and persons accompanying them who enter Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Supreme Council (Parliament) of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
8) Drivers and/or members of crews of trucks, buses engaged in regular transportation, members of crews of aircrafts, sea and river ships, trains, and locomotives.
9) Persons who arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
10) Instructors of the armed forces of the member states of NATO and member states of NATO's "Partnership for Peace" program who take part in the training of units of the Armed Forces or are invited by the Ministry of Defense.
11) Workers of Culture who arrive at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them.
12) Sportsmen arriving to participate in official sports events and persons accompanying them.
13) Technical Specialists who arrive at the invitation of the representatives of the Ukrainian Companies. 14) Persons carrying hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation.
15) Persons who arrive to Ukraine for medical treatment at Ukrainian health care facilities. !!! Orange color marks the categories of foreign citizens, who must have an insurance policy to cover possible costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and observation (issued by an insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine).
!!! The head of the state border service may allow other categories of foreigners and stateless persons to cross the state border if there are humanitarian grounds.